Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Theatre Posters

Here are some illustrations I did recently for the Firehouse Theatre Project in Richmond, Virginia. I did the pictures, and the marketing director did the graphic design.


"Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" usually features the character Maggie the Cat on the posters.


I read some essays about the play, however, and they posited Maggie's husband Brick as the main character.


I wanted my poster illustration to stand out from past depictions of the play, so I decided to feature Brick more prominently.


One of the great pleasures of these projects was actually reading the plays that I made illustrations for.
"Why Torture is Wrong and the People who Love Them" is a hilarious dark comedy by Christopher Durang about post 9-11 America.



I also tried out an illustration for a poster combining the elements of three short plays, but it was not used. That picture is posted below.

No comments:

Post a Comment