Friday, January 22, 2010

More Fun with Architecture . . .

A constant criticism I receive is that my backgrounds are not strong enough.
So, for the making of Project: Hendecalon, I am attempting to improve.
These are some photos I shot. They depict a model Pagoda that I constructed from foamcore.
Thinking of the principles of a rock garden, where a large rock can represent a mountain, I placed my model in various settings and positions that might come in handy when I sit down to do my finished pages.
I can also open the model up to see where I want to place my characters in any given panel. The textures imprinted on the Pagoda are from a rubber stamp kit entitled "Fun with Architecture" by David Eisen.
Building this Pagoda was a fun break from thumbnailing and scripting, which I am still in the process of doing. Check back soon for more updates on Project: Hendecalon!

1 comment: