Sunday, January 10, 2010

Master of the Pagoda


Above is a thumbnail of the Pagoda featured in Act I of Project: Hendecalon.
I've been mostly scripting, thumbnailing, and building models lately.
This hasn't left much time for doing any drawing, but, while thumbnailing, I discovered that I needed to do a few character designs for the supporting cast of the story.
Here is the master of the Pagoda, which functions as a sort of martial arts monastery. The Master is an authoritarian figure. I'm trying to use Japanese elements in his costume without causing him to come across as an Obi-Wan Kenobi or a Yoda.
There are still a few character designs yet to come, and I'm not sure if I'm totally settled on the one featured here.
Check back for more stuff as my thumbnailing progresses!

2 comments:

  1. I love this character! He is VERY STERN. Like your location design as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Callie!
    I really appreciate your comments and insights! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete