Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Shannon Smith reviews Mini-Comics!

I would like to send out a big "THANK YOU" to Shannon Smith, maker of mini-comics and reviewer of MANY comics. He has posted mostly positive reviews of my zines and minis on his blog, "File Under Other." He even was generous enough to give me a category in his archive next to many of my comics friends and heroes. Shannon has a good eye for comics, and I found his reviews to be unbiased and fair. It is a really great feeling when someone cares enough about your work to give you a critique. I met Shannon Smith at FLUKE, a mini-comics gathering in Athens, GA. He was selling and trading coffee bags filled with his minis. Here's the cover of his best work, "The Small Bible," published in 2008.
The cryptic cover instantly pulls you in, and the interior, although text-heavy, has a great depiction of Samson offing Philistines with a donkey's jawbone! (See JUDGES 15: 14-16) I cannot thank Shannon enough for being the FIRST PERSON EVER to review my minis! So, thanks Shannon--I hope to see you again in Athens!

No comments:

Post a Comment